Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Florence? Normally, you have three primary areas of your residence for video protection: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. Although your installation team is able to suggest where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Make Sure To Protect Your Front Door
Even though you might find it unlikely that an intruder would attempt to just stroll through the front door, 34% of intrusions take place near this obvious access point. You also have delivery bandits among other threats to deal with. A video doorbell is able to manage these types of worries with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you are able to speak with people who walk up and ring the bell. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer all engagements with two-direction audio and live video and appear to be at home. When a person does try to do something criminal, you are able to have your video surveillance instantly document the event on video and send it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting task. Thankfully, there are a handful of tips to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Florence house provide a better sightline, letting you see two segments of your yard.
- Position underneath an overhanging eave or into a bit of trim or siding are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partly obscured by your home.
- Above your garage, because the garage door is an easier entryway for intruders than you might believe!
- Over a patio or back door -- or any doorway not visible from the sidewalk.
For each installation, be sure to trim away any overgrown plants or trees that may block the camera’s view.
Recommendations To Enjoy The Best Results From Your Interior Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras within your property in Florence. But the additional versatility does mean there are more factors to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine through a window can cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Aim the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a watchtower, a surveillance device located in a higher spot will produce a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras above tall pieces of furniture or affixed to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t be able to defend your property if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your indoor units where kids and your furry friends can’t tamper with them. Consider mounting or another means of securing them to be certain they don’t fall if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best surveillance system won’t do much good if you have a decorative item or plant blocking the view. However, interior decor and plant life may be a perfect way to conceal your surveillance installation. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Simply contact (843) 310-4058 or fill out the form on this page to start your project.