The latest home security installations are becoming more capable every year. With that being said, it doesn't take much to forget to perform easy security duties like activating your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to concern yourself with these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Florence, you can simply drive off to work and make your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Florence For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border around your residence, which you are able to arrange in your cell phone app. The technology then uses your mobile device to determine when you cross the perimeter and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components use to share information with one another. This technological advancement aids your security system by grouping all devices onto a single network. You can then set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your home and program what actions you want to take place when you move beyond the specified border.
For example, when you exit your premises, you could set your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will inform your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the devices you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home security system in Florence. With the mobile app, you have the ability to do a lot with smart home automation. Just tap your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart components to engage at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's bedtime, or disarm your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make particular equipment activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat turn on the connected fan if the CO detector is set off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Design custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Have your lights turn off, the A/C go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or program the system for movie night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to arm your alarm when you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Florence
Whether you’re looking for added peace-of-mind of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (843) 310-4058 or send in the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.