How to Get the Most From Your Security Cameras In Florence
Security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—a sign that notifies would-be thieves or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras are outfitted with an array of features all built to provide comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording options or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these additions help you to get the most from home security cameras in Florence.
How To Set Up Your Florence Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your home security cameras in the ideal spots around your living space is the best place to jump in at with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in common rooms like the kitchen or den. It’s also a good move to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to reach the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras should provide a clear sightline of your porch, front walk, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. Then get a view of your front porch with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your interior that aren’t quite as imperative to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your visitors ought to be a chief concern prior to installing a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Video Surveillance
Camera layout is only the foundation for extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Florence. The innovations described below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone the instant unusual motion is detected. You can also set cameras to automatically start recording when movements are detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone with the device. With your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re inside or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is a term for how much a camera can see, and provides a more comprehensive view of any space. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that can pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your home security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that can pick up video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to guard specific spots within your house.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and ignore animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date notifications when the see something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Florence is simpler. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your home security rises from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (843) 310-4058 or submit the form below to get started personalizing your security system today.